ATBU Postgraduate Admission Form 2024/2025 Session
Are you considering pursuing a postgraduate program at Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University? The ATBU Postgraduate admission form for the 2024/2025 academic session is now available for purchase. Qualified individuals are encouraged to obtain the form and apply for the opportunity to enroll in a variety of postgraduate courses offered at the university. Read this article for detailed instructions on how to apply for the postgraduate admission form.
The management of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) has officially announced the commencement of the sale of the 2024/2025 postgraduate admission forms. If you aspire to pursue postgraduate studies at this institution, act promptly and secure the form for a fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000), and initiate the application process. Below, we’ve outlined the eligibility and specific requirements for the postgraduate program, so read attentively.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- Interested candidates must meet the matriculation requirements including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics at the O’ level i.e, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other recognized Universities with at least Third Class Honors Degree.
- HND holders with a minimum of Lower credit from recognized institutions.
- Holders of any other qualifications together with relevant field experience as deemed acceptable to the University.
- All candidates must meet the matriculation requirements including a credit in English Language and Mathematics at the O’ level i.e, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University who have obtained the approved first degree with at least Second Class Honors (Lower Division).
- Candidates with approved University Honors Degree (CGPA of 3.00 and above on a scale of 5.00 point) or CGPA of 2.40 – 2.99 inclusive plus three years post graduation.
- Candidates with Third Class honors degree plus five years post graduation.
- Appropriate Postgraduate Diploma of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other recognized Universities with at least a pass at credit level.
- Candidates whose degrees are unclassified with an average of C or above
- Candidates who possess Higher National Diploma with at least a credit pass from recognized institutions and at least a pass at credit level of Postgraduate Diploma of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University in the relevant areas.
- Candidates may be required to sit for a qualifying examination either before approval of registration or at an appropriate stage of their course work or research.
MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY (M. PHIL) AND MASTERS BY RESEARCH DEGREES
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other recognized Institutions who have obtained the approved first degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division)
- A good Second Class Honours Degree plus a considerable relevant industrial experience.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PHD) DEGREE
- All candidates must meet the matriculation requirements including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics at the O’ level i.e, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University who hold Masters Degree appropriate for the proposed areas of study
- Graduates of other recognized Universities who hold Masters Degrees with a CGPA of at least 3.50 on a scale of 5.00.
- Candidates for the PhD programme may be required to pass a qualifying examination and/or undergo a probationary period not exceeding 12 calendar months.
Download ATBU Postgraduate Past Questions and Answers
Download the ATBU Postgraduate past questions and answers in order to prepare for the school entrance examination. It is all you need to guarantee success during the screening examination. Download Here ATBU Postgraduate Past Questions And Answers.
How to Apply for ATBU Postgraduate Admission Form 2024
Step 1 – Applicants are required to pay the sum of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000) nonrefundable application fee via ATBU PG portal and follow the steps below:
Step 2 – Candidates must have an active email address and telephone number which will be used as a means of contact and receiving further info.
Step 3 – Ensure that the online form is carefully and correctly filled because a change of course after submission of completed forms shall attract an extra fee.
Step 4 – You are to ensure your institution forward the hard copy of your Transcript to the Head of the Department of their proposed Programmes. No candidate will be considered for admission without a valid transcript.
Step 5 – You are to upload a Pre-proposal or Synopsis and ensure a hard copy is sent by post to the head of Department of your proposed programme.
Step 6 – Applicants without NYSC Discharge or exemption certificate are not eligible for application.
Step 7 – Candidates applying for admission in Professional Master degree programmes are expected to sit for screening test at dates to be announced by faculty.
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Postgraduate Courses:
- English and Modern Language
- History and International Studies
- Theatre and Media Arts
- Visual and Creative Arts
- Computer Science
- Political Science
- Social Work
Closing Date for Submission of ATBU Postgraduate Form
The Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University management has set a deadline for the submission of postgraduate admission forms. All interested candidates must apply before the registration deadline.
We trust that this article has provided you with comprehensive guidance on the ATBU Postgraduate Admission Form for 2024/2025. If you have any further questions regarding this topic, please feel free to ask in the comment section, and we will respond promptly.